dimanche 19 octobre 2014

The Little Prince - Newsletter #8

Again my heartfelt congratulations on your wonderful performances of The Little Prince. Words that I often hear from audience members on the performances were authentic and poetic - they could feel the emotions of the story because you were authentic in your acting. 

It is time to plan for a cast party so we can all meet again and watch together the videos from the shows. Ben's parents have generously offered to host at their house. They are available November 21 and 22, we just need to pick a time and date. 
Please check all of your availabilities in this Doodle survey http://doodle.com/urwzp2dsw7nby26t, then we'll pick the date that counts the most participants. 

If you like to embark with me again on another enriching adventure, starting November 3rd I will teach at the Sunnyvale Community Center. As with The Little Prince, we build the scenes over the months, and at the end will produce a full length performance of The Trojan Horse. Registration is open, please sign up with Sunnyvale Recreation http://sunnyvale.ca.gov/Departments/CommunityServices/ClassesandActivities.aspx 
Don't worry about the dance requirement for Level 2, all students who have been in The Little Prince are eligible, just shoot me an email and I'll notify the center. 

I am also collaborating with L'ecole de Danse on two easy dance pieces that would be performed in their Showcase at Cubberley Theater on May 12-13. The pieces need 7 children, 7-11 years old, and I am sure all of my performers in The Little Prince can do it, because I'll be the one teaching the choreography. I'll give more details soon, but if you are interested please let me know.

And, last but not least, for your pleasure, below are the testimonials on The Little Prince performances. (If you get any too, please send them my way :))

Thank you for this show full of poetry. CL 
Very touching and successful show. I spent a great time. -RDM
Wonderful show. You touched a lot of people. -ART

It was a beautiful show! It Moved me to tears. IC 
Bravo, the show was really great! Loved the scene with the little prince flying through the clouds, the lamplighter!!! -SBW
We were really impressed by the quality of the show which touched by its authenticity, candor and talent on all artistic plans. It was a real moment of freshness that allows us to reconnect with pure and natural poetry. Congratulations for successfully staging children playing in a very contagious way!
Also, I LOVED the multilingual scene at the end! How many cultures and languages present on stage?? Brilliant! -MC
I really enjoyed the show. It was very artistic and well made! More surprisingly, S and P are great performers. I thought they must have been trained acting professionally. I'm really looking forward to your next production! -NM

Looking forward to see you all again soon!

Love,
Hao

Hao Bach-Thai Lueckhoff
Movement Based Acting Instructor | Sunnyvale Community Center
Musical Theater Artistic Director | Stocklmeir Elementary School
Artistic Director | HaoExpression

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire