jeudi 2 janvier 2014

Treasure Island Newsletter #4

May the new year of 2014 bring you happiness and satisfaction in all areas!

The cast list can be viewed by clicking on link #4 at http://www.haoexpression.org/musical.html
We have carefully casted in a way that each child is challenged to his/her next level of technique and artistry. We reviewed the list several times, under different lights. Casting is not mathematic and having more lines does not mean having a bigger role: some parts with less lines are more difficult to play and I give it to a more expressive performer. Crew and Native from the Skeleton Island will have the most fun part with lots of singing and dancing. 
I read through the script and gave the children the parts that helps them best grow from where they are at right now. I hope this is a springboard that will help them take a step up at a next performing opportunity. 

All performers must bring their script to all rehearsals.

We are well into the season and I no longer accept observers. All parents who stay in session will be given a duty and are asked to follow the same routine as the children, so that we keep a harmonious energy level. When the children hear the bell, they stop and breathe. I invite parents to do the same. 
Parents are welcome to do the warmup routine if they feel like. When the children work in groups, parents are asked to sit with one of the groups and help them stay focus. 
No children is allowed to leave the school without my permission. If circumstance arises, parent helpers need to talk to me before releasing any child, as the children are under my sole responsibility.  

Important note: I still need Erika and Rajiv's parent's email address, and I need Sakshi's parents to register her: she is nowhere on my lists. 

Mark your calendar: 
- Performance for parents and larger audience:Thursday, March 6th, 7pm.
- Scenery and costume crews will meet in January. Tech crew meets in February. 

If you have any question or concern, please don't hesitate to contact me (my email address and telephone number are on my website). If you prefer to see me in person, please do at the end of rehearsals, NOT at the beginning. I have 60 enthusiast performers and want to give them 120% of my focus, from the time they come in at 3:05pm until the time I release them at 4:30pm.

Have a great finishing vacation, and I am looking forward to seeing all of the children soon!

Warmly,
Hao
Hao Bach-Thai Lueckhoff
Artistic Director




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire